- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Martha E. Driskill, 90, died Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston.
She was born Dec. 11, 1911, in Caruthersville, Mo., daughter of Harry and Grace Lyles Friend. She and Arvin J. Driskill were married in 1929. He preceded her in death in 1945.
She was a dietician for the Missouri Delta Medical Center, retiring in 1977. She was a member of North Acres General Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Doris Chaney of Orange Park, Fla., and Jean Smith of Sikeston; 12 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one daughter.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Steve Tippen officiating. Burial will follow at Mounds Park Cemetery in Lilbourn, Mo.