- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Man guns down ex-wife, relatives and neighbors
CHIERI, Italy -- A gun collector shot and killed his ex-wife and six other relatives and neighbors Tuesday, then turned the gun on himself in the latest in a spate of small-town family slayings that have horrified Italians.
The killings occurred in two adjacent homes on a residential street in Chieri, a suburb of the northwestern industrial city of Turin, said Col. Filippo Ricciarelli of the carabinieri paramilitary police.
Italian news reports identified the assailant as Mauro Antonello, a 40-year-old construction worker, former security guard and gun collector who had an acrimonious breakup two years ago with his wife, Carla Bergamin.
Bergamin, 40, her mother, brother, sister-in-law, as well as two neighbors and a woman who worked in the Bergamin family textile factory were all shot and killed before Antonello took his own life, the reports said.
The couple's 7-year-old daughter was at school at the time of the slayings.