- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Man guns down ex-wife, relatives and neighbors
CHIERI, Italy -- A gun collector shot and killed his ex-wife and six other relatives and neighbors Tuesday, then turned the gun on himself in the latest in a spate of small-town family slayings that have horrified Italians.
The killings occurred in two adjacent homes on a residential street in Chieri, a suburb of the northwestern industrial city of Turin, said Col. Filippo Ricciarelli of the carabinieri paramilitary police.
Italian news reports identified the assailant as Mauro Antonello, a 40-year-old construction worker, former security guard and gun collector who had an acrimonious breakup two years ago with his wife, Carla Bergamin.
Bergamin, 40, her mother, brother, sister-in-law, as well as two neighbors and a woman who worked in the Bergamin family textile factory were all shot and killed before Antonello took his own life, the reports said.
The couple's 7-year-old daughter was at school at the time of the slayings.