- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Man guns down ex-wife, relatives and neighbors
CHIERI, Italy -- A gun collector shot and killed his ex-wife and six other relatives and neighbors Tuesday, then turned the gun on himself in the latest in a spate of small-town family slayings that have horrified Italians.
The killings occurred in two adjacent homes on a residential street in Chieri, a suburb of the northwestern industrial city of Turin, said Col. Filippo Ricciarelli of the carabinieri paramilitary police.
Italian news reports identified the assailant as Mauro Antonello, a 40-year-old construction worker, former security guard and gun collector who had an acrimonious breakup two years ago with his wife, Carla Bergamin.
Bergamin, 40, her mother, brother, sister-in-law, as well as two neighbors and a woman who worked in the Bergamin family textile factory were all shot and killed before Antonello took his own life, the reports said.
The couple's 7-year-old daughter was at school at the time of the slayings.