- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Two teenagers plead innocent in Milwaukee 'child mob' beating
MILWAUKEE -- Two teenagers charged as adults in the fatal mob beating of a 36-year-old man pleaded innocent Monday.
Both were scheduled for trial Feb. 10 on charges of first-degree reckless homicide.
Devin Beamon, 15, and Levar McNeil, 16, are among 11 boys and three men charged in the beating death of Charlie Young Jr. Nine of the youths are charged as adults.
Authorities say a mob made up mostly of boys -- one age 10 -- beat Young with broomsticks, shovels, a milk crate and other items Sept. 29. Young died Oct. 1.
The two boys charged as juveniles also appeared in court Monday. A 10-year-old charged with second-degree reckless homicide will undergo a competency evaluation at his lawyer's request, assistant district attorney Joy Hammond said.
A 15-year-old charged with battery and disorderly conduct denied the charges Monday and faces trial, she added.