- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)4
Two teenagers plead innocent in Milwaukee 'child mob' beating
MILWAUKEE -- Two teenagers charged as adults in the fatal mob beating of a 36-year-old man pleaded innocent Monday.
Both were scheduled for trial Feb. 10 on charges of first-degree reckless homicide.
Devin Beamon, 15, and Levar McNeil, 16, are among 11 boys and three men charged in the beating death of Charlie Young Jr. Nine of the youths are charged as adults.
Authorities say a mob made up mostly of boys -- one age 10 -- beat Young with broomsticks, shovels, a milk crate and other items Sept. 29. Young died Oct. 1.
The two boys charged as juveniles also appeared in court Monday. A 10-year-old charged with second-degree reckless homicide will undergo a competency evaluation at his lawyer's request, assistant district attorney Joy Hammond said.
A 15-year-old charged with battery and disorderly conduct denied the charges Monday and faces trial, she added.