- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Business representatives line up for career fair
Today is the day for local job-seekers to meet with a variety of prospective employers during the inaugural Career Fair at the Show Me Center.
Sponsored by the Southeast Missourian and sejobsonline.com, the fair will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Admission is free.
Representatives from more than 20 area businesses, not-for-profit groups and the military will be on hand to distribute information and make presentations.
In addition, participants can practice their interviewing skills and bring their resumes for advice from experts.
Event coordinator Nancy Grand, recruitment specialist at the Southeast Missourian, said the fair will help employers meet their recruitment needs and allow job-seekers to explore their options and network.
A special Career Fair section in the Southeast Missourian will be available at the event. The section contains articles on subjects like how to interview effectively, factors to consider in evaluating a job offer and how to dress for success.
Participating groups include AFLAC, At Home America, Cape County Regional Dialysis Center, Disability Determinations, Edward Jones, Greater St. Louis Area Council Boy Scouts of America, Havco Wood Products, Home & Garden Party, Huddle House, Metro Business College, MidAmerica Hotels Corporation, Missouri Veterans Home, Northwestern Mutual Financial Network, Rainsoft, Reliable Life Insurance Company, Rust Communications, Saint Francis Medical Center, Spherion, Workforce Architects, Thorngate, U.S. Army, Wells Fargo Financial, Western-Southern Life Insurance, Workforce Employment Solutions and Yellow Book USA.