- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
How to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
Knight Ridder Newspapers
Two players battle each other with decks of Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, which consist of monster cards, magic cards and trap cards.
Players start with 8,000 "life points." The goal is to reduce the opponent's points to zero, thereby winning a duel. The winner of the best of three duels wins a match.
Players draw cards through six phases of "game play," choosing which monsters to use to inflict damage on the opponent. Certain combinations of cards are also powerful.
Winners are helped by strategy, luck and a well-constructed deck. The rules are fairly detailed, and players say it's helpful to observe actual matches rather than simply to read the rule book.
The game and booster packs are available at card and hobby shops and other retailers, including convenience and discount stores. Starter decks cost $10 and contain 50 cards plus a rule book and a game mat. Booster packs cost $3 and contain nine cards.
For more information about the game, log on to www.yugioh-card.com.