- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Esther G. Casper, 87, of Anna died Sunday, Oct. 13, 2002, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born April 4, 1915, in Union County, Ill., daughter of the late Charles E. and Ella Abney Casper. She was a nursing supervisor and worked at the former Anna State Hospital for 10 years before working at the Alton Mental Health Center. She retired in 1976.
Survivors include 19 nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a sister and four brothers.
Friends may call after 9 a.m. Tuesday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Scott Harner officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.