- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)6
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Afghan leaders report mass graves
KABUL, Afghanistan -- Authorities in northern Afghanistan said Wednesday they have discovered several mass graves containing the corpses of hundreds of people allegedly massacred by the former Taliban regime.
One mass grave in the district of Chamatal, about 24 miles west of the northern city of Mazar-e-Sharif, contained 350 bodies, said Mohammad Sardar Sayedi, spokesman for the main ethnic Hazara group, Hezb-e-Wahadat. All the dead were ethnic Hazaras.