- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
LONGTOWN, Mo. -- Lloyd Valle Farrar, 74, of Longtown died Monday, Oct. 7, 2002, at his home.
He was born Nov. 7, 1927, in Perry County, son of Valle and Mary Farrar. He and Elizabeth "Betty" Buchheit were married Sept. 10, 1949.
Farrar worked at Procter & Gamble. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and Holy Name Society. He was a 1946 graduate of Perryville High School.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Sharee Galnore of Jackson, Patti Farrar of Uniontown, Mo.; five sisters, Geraldine Leible, Evelyn Sherrill and Verna Weisbrod of Brazeau, Mo., Ivalene Rhyne of Crosstown, Mo., Jewell Collins of Perryville; a brother, Donald Farrar of Ames, Iowa; two granddaughters; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, a brother, and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. The parish wake will be at 6:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.