- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Pearl Hazel Jeffries Tadlock, 95, of Sikeston died Monday, Oct. 7, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 17, 1907, at Blodgett, Mo., daughter of James William and Martha Ann Hodges Burns. She first married Leonard W. Jeffries April 4, 1926, at Benton, Mo. He died July 11, 1968. She and Arthur Tadlock were married Sept. 2, 1978, at Sikeston. He died May 22, 1987.
Tadlock was a member of Tanner Street Church of God.
Survivors include two sons, Terry Jeffries of Leawood, Kan., Ben Jeffries of Sikeston; six daughters, Bernita "Bunny" Cooper of Bertrand, Mo., Joyce Jones of Benton, Shirley Stuckey of Washington, Mo., Marilyn Bramlett, Martha "Marty" Payne and Karen Williams, all of Sikeston; a stepdaughter, Marlene Ferguson of Michigan; three sisters, Ruth Phillips and Ruby McCoy of Sikeston, Bertie Cullins of Bertrand; 37 grandchildren; 61 great-grandchildren, and 15 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a stepson, three brothers, a sister, a grandchild, three great-grandchildren, and a great-great-grandchild.
Friends may call at Blanchard Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Tanner Street Church of God, with the Rev. Carl Addison officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.