- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BENTON, Mo. -- The funeral for Edna "Ruth" Goodman of Lordsburg, N.M., will be held at 11 a.m. today at the Assembly of God Church in Lordsburg. Burial will be in Mountain View Cemetery.
Friends may call at the church from 9 a.m. to service time.
Baca's Funeral Chapel in Deming, N.M., is in charge of arrangements.
Goodman, 68, died Thursday, Oct. 3, 2002, at Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, N.M.
She was born Aug. 18, 1934, in Warrensburg, Mo., daughter of Henry and Edna Hall Robertson. She married Darril E. Goodman Sr.
Goodman moved to Lordsburg in 1979 from Missouri. She was a cashier at E.J. Short Co. several years.
Survivors include her husband; four sons, Donald Hix of Benton, Keith Hix of Merriam, Kan., Kenneth Hix of Independence, Mo., William Hix of Silver City; four daughters, Janice Wood of Bayard, N.M., Annamarie Ramirez of Lordsburg, Mary Pantoja of Casa Grande, Ariz., Jeanni Hall of Silver City; three stepsons, Leslie and Emmitt Goodman of Lordsburg, Darril Goodman Jr. of Phoenix, Ariz.; 31 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.