- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- The funeral for Juanita Helen Holz of Kansas City, Mo., will be held at 1 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie, Mo. Fred Girdwood will officiate. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home from noon to service time.
Holz, 80, died Thursday, Oct. 3, 2002, at St. Joseph Medical Center in Kansas City.
She was born Aug. 19, 1922, in East Prairie, daughter of Roy and Renee Fenema Carter. She and Anthony Holz were married Sept. 1, 1946. He died in 1998.
Holz was formerly of Sikeston and Mississippi County. She retired from Mississippi County Division of Family Services.
Survivors include two sons, Brian Holz of Overland Park, Kan., Dale Holz of Ballwin, Mo.; two daughters, Diane Field of Huntington Beach, Calif., Judy Schulehess of Angola, Ind.; and nine grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.