- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Nelda Maxine Hanks, 74, of Oran died Thursday, Oct. 3, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 26, 1928, at Gideon, Mo., daughter of James Harrison and Hattie Irene Ray Shaffer.
Hanks was a nurse, having worked at Chaffee General Hospital and retiring from the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Morley Baptist Church at Morley, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Darrel Hanks of Oran, Jimmy Hanks of Cape Girardeau; four daughters, Sharon Bollinger of Houston, Texas, Sara Guzman, Duranda Cochran and Marsha Ward, all of Oran; 14 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Morley Baptist Church, with the Rev. Rodney Davis officiating. Burial will be in Friend Cemetery at Oran.