- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Roma Lee Cato, 79, of Advance died Thursday, Oct. 3, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born April 23, 1923, at Swinton, Mo., daughter of Presley and Anna Warren Delay. She and Truman Cato were married March 1, 1946, in Cape Girardeau.
Cato was a 1940 graduate of Advance High School and attended Southeast Missouri State University. She was a teacher with Zalma R-5 School District more than 20 years. She was a member of Bethel General Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Eddie Cato of Dexter, Mo.; a daughter, Debbie Dove of Highlandville, Mo.; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park at Marble Hill, Mo.