- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- William Joe Elliott, 63, of Poplar Bluff died Thursday, Oct. 3, 2002, at his home. He had been in declining heath for several years.
He was born Jan. 19, 1939, in Delta, Mo. He was retired from the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include a son, Michael K. Elliott of DeQuincy, La.; two brothers, Jack Weissinger of Benton, Mo., and Jerry Young of St. Ann, Mo.; two sisters, Verna Hanna of Cape Girardeau and Barbara Jean King of Alvord, Texas.
Arrangements for burial with full military honors at the Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo., will be announced at a later date.
Cotrell Funeral Service in Poplar Bluff is in charge of arrangements.