- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MCCLURE, Ill. -- Kevin and Debra Smith of Campbell Hill, Ill., announce the engagement of their daughter, Christine Sue Smith, to Matthew Steven Davis. He is the son of Tom and Martha Davis of McClure.
Smith is a 1994 graduate of Trico High School in Campbell Hill. She received an associate of science degree in chemistry from John A. Logan College in Carterville, Ill., and a bachelor of science degree in accounting from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale. She is an accountant at SIU.
Davis is a 1989 graduate of Shawnee High School in Wolf Lake, Ill., and attended Shawnee Community College in Ullin, Ill. He is a heavy equipment operator at Kinder Morgan Cora Coal Terminal in Rockwood, Ill.
A Nov. 2 wedding is planned at St. Luke Evangelical Lutheran Church in Campbell Hill.