- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
First Baptist Church in Jackson was the setting June 22, 2002, for the wedding of Lynn Elaine Casteel and Ryan Paul Harper. The Rev. Patrick Tankersley performed the ceremony. Scripture reader was Angela Ernst, cousin of the bride.
Pianist was Matt Yount of Marble Hill, Mo.; guitarist was Bryan Davidson, drummer was Brian Brinker, bassist was Sam Godwin, and soloist was Beth Poole, all of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Curt and Kathy Casteel of Jackson. The groom is the son of Paul and Pam Harper of Jackson.
Rachel Tiemeyer of Columbia, Mo., sister of the bride, was matron of honor. Maids of honor were Alissa Blechle, Heather Nicholas and Erica McQuay, all of Cape Girardeau.
Best men were Drew Burk of St. Louis, Chris Britt of Ft. Leonard Wood, Jon Mark Milde of St. Louis, Justin Osborne and Chris Dittmer of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Phil Long and Ryan Steck of Cape Girardeau, and Mitchell Casteel, brother of the bride.
Candlelighters were Lauren and Whitney Law of DeSoto, Mo., nieces of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Amy Law, and Caroline and Julie Harper, sisters of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau. Servers were Marilu Munez, Christiane Santillan and Sachi Imuta.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 21 at China Palace.
Mrs. Harper is a 1998 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of arts degree in English from Southeast Missouri State University in May. She is employed at Baptist Student Center and First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1996 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in English education from Southeast University in 2000, and a master's degree in English from Southeast in 2002. He is an Engish teacher with Cape Girardeau Public Schools.
The couple resides in Cape Girardeau.