- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Elizabeth M. Slinkard and Matt J. Cruz were married Aug. 24, 2002, at Cape County Park in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Ronnie Brown performed the ceremony.
Parents of the couple are Roger and Pauline Slinkard and Duane and Sherry Cruz, all of Oak Ridge.
Matron of honor was Beverly Ruppel of Jackson. Bridesmaids were Julie Myers and Brittney Slinkard of Oak Ridge, cousins of the bride; Tera Coomer of Shawneetown, and Heather Slinkard of Oak Ridge, sister of the bride. Junior bridesmaids were Becca Slinkard of Oak Ridge, sister of the bride, and Stephanie Carter of Daisy, cousin of the bride.
Dan Cruz of Burfordville served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were Brad Ruppel of Jackson, Danny Davenport of Oak Ridge, Brandon Coomer of Shawneetown, and Dustin Smithey of Jackson. Ushers were Alan Kesterson of Oak Ridge and Wayne Saupe of Shawneetown.
Flower girl was Katie Carter of Daisy, cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Owen Workman of Jackson.
Caleb Carter of Daisy, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Coon Hunters Club in Daisy. Server was Danielle Cruz of Oak Ridge, sister of the groom.
The couple resides in Oak Ridge.