- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mary Emeline Scheeter, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Oct. 3, 2002, at the Lutheran Nursing Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 4, 1911 at Wolf Lake, Ill., daughter of John A. and Etta M. House Stone. She and Charles L. Scheeter were married April 21, 1935 at Illmo, Mo. He died Sept. 4, 1995.
She worked as a receptionist in a doctor's office and was also a stenographer in her early years of employment. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include one son, David Sheeter of San Anselmo, Calif.; one brother, Charles Stone of Red Bud, Ill.; and one sister, Dorothy Kelso of San Jose, Calif.; one granddaughter; and one stepgrandson.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel in Cape Girardeau from 9 to 11 a.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with Dr. Jay White officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park at Cape Girardeau.