- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
The Rev. Fletcher Hill
MCCLURE, Ill. -- The Rev. Fletcher V. Hill, 85, of Rockford, Ill., died Thursday, Oct. 3, 2002, in Rockford.
He was born May 29, 1917, in McClure, son of John and Allie Chapman Hill. He and Anna Teich were married Aug. 21, 1941, in Chicago.
Survivors include a son; three daughters; a brother, Miles Hill of McClure; seven grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, a daughter, two brothers and a sister.
The funeral will be at 3:30 p.m. today at Forest City Baptist Church, 4241 Pepper Drive, in Rockford. The Rev. Chuck Reagan and the Rev. Bill Bourne will officiate. Burial will be in a private family cemetery in McClure.
Honquest Family Funeral Home in Rockford is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorials to Forest City Baptist Children's Ministries or Fairview Residence Helping Hands.