- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ND softball team wins big at Park Hills Central
Notre Dame unleashed three home runs among its 20 hits as it routed Park Hills Central 26-1 on the road.
Notre Dame (17-6) took a 2-0 lead into the third inning but saw Stacy Schwartz and Laura Weissmueller belt back-to-back home runs in a six-run outburst. The Bulldogs added six more runs in the fourth and 12 in the fifth.
Sarah Berkbigler, who went 4-for-4, also added a three-run home run for Bulldogs and finished with eight RBIs. Ashley Reinagel went 3-for-4 and Laura Weissmueller, Alana Weissmueller and Whitney Ostendorf each had two hits.
Lindsay Reinagel picked up the win, allowing four hits in three innings. She struck out three and did not issue a walk.
FARMINGTON 7, CENTRAL 2
Farmington won five of the six singles matches as it handed Central a loss on its home court.
Brett Ford picked up the lone singles win for Central (9-2) with an 8-2 victory over Katie Edney. Ford also teamed up with Liz LaFoe for a victory in doubles.
Central's JV won 13-2 to improve to 10-0.
ADVANCE 15-14-15, BLOOMFIELD 10-16-6
Advance needed three games but pulled out a victory over visiting Bloomfield.
Dana Williams paced Advance (16-5-1) with 13 kills, four blocks and four aces. Alicia Broshuis led the defensive effort with eight digs.
Advance also won the JV match 15-5, 15-7.
-- From staff reports