- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Campbell's TDs send Jackson to fourth defeat
O'FALLON, Mo. -- Michigan-bound Anton Campbell scored four touchdowns to lead host Fort Zumwalt West to a 33-7 victory over Jackson on Friday night.
The Jaguars improved to 3-2 while Jackson fell to 1-4.
Campbell introduced himself early, scoring on a 59-yard run on Zumwalt's first possession of the game. The extra point failed and the Jaguars led 6-0.
A shanked punt later in the quarter gave Zumwalt possession at the Indian 22 and the Jaguars needed six plays to add to their lead. Campbell scored on a 10-yard run for a 13-0 advantage.
The Jaguars put together a six-play, 53-yard scoring drive on their next possession for a 20-0 lead with 7:03 left in the half.
Jackson, which had 130 yards on the night, put together its best drive -- 55 yards on seven plays -- just before halftime. Stuart McIntosh scored on a 1-yard run with 46 seconds remaining in the period. Chad Reiminger's PAT cut the lead to 20-7.
After a scoreless third quarter, Zumwalt iced the game with a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns.
Jackson finished the night with 90 yards passing and 40 yards rushing. Zumwalt had 228 rushing yards and 275 yards overall.