- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERKS, Ill. -- Mattie Kindle Oakes, 76, of Perks died Saturday, Sept. 28, 2002, at Magnolia Manor Nursing Home in Metropolis, Ill.
She was born Sept. 26, 1926, in Ullin, Ill., the daughter of Johnny and Henrietta Shiver Kindle.
She was a member of Cypress Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Perks. She had been employed as a dietary worker in a nursing home.
She is survived by a brother, James Kindle of Ullin, Ill.; and a sister, Rachel Beasley of Perks.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister and three brothers.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the hour of services Sunday at Cypress Grove Missionary Baptist Church in Perks.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Sunday with the Rev. Enloe Clemons officiating.
Burial will be at the West Side Cemetery in Ullin.
Algee's Funeral Home in Carbondale, Ill., is in charge of arrangements.