- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Sarah Elizabeth Prendergast, 16, of Anna died Sunday, Sept. 29, 2002, on arrival at Union County Hospital.
She was born Dec. 22, 1985, in Carbondale, Ill., daughter of Paul G. and Catherine A. Schulien Prendergast.
Prendergast was a junior at Anna-Jonesboro High School, and a member of the honors program.
Survivors include her mother of Anna; her father of Granite City, Ill.; a sister, Marisa Prendergast of Anna; two brothers, Matthew and Paul Prendergast of Anna; maternal grandparents, Audrey and Carl Schulien of Buffalo Grove, Ill.; and paternal grandmother, Helen Prendergast of Oglesby, Ill.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 6 p.m. Wednesday, and Thursday after 10 a.m. at Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Steve Wilkinson officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.