- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BERTRAND, Mo. -- Willie Fletcher, 87, of Bertrand died Monday, Sept. 30, 2002, at Bertrand Retirement Facility.
She was born April 24, 1915, in Red Bay, Ala., daughter of Robert and Sarah Belle George Morrow. She and Armer Fletcher were married June 19, 1961. He died Feb. 2, 1983.
Fletcher lived in Scott and Mississippi counties most of her life. She retired from Buckner-Ragsdale in Charleston, Mo., and was a member of First Baptist Church in Bertrand.
Survivors include two sons, Jim Hughes of Cerritos, Calif., William Hughes of Joplin, Mo.; a daughter, Carolyn Bell of Pensacola Fla.; a brother, Raymond Morrow of Bertrand; a sister, Louise Funderburk of Cerritos; seven grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston after 11 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Herring officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Sikeston.