- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Driver dies after truck collides with train
MORLEY, Mo. -- A Sikeston man sustained fatal injuries as the result of failing to yield at a railroad crossing Sunday.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the incident took place at 2:38 p.m., on Route Z at Burlington Northern Railroad Crossing, three miles south of Morley.
Authorities said Jesse Whittley Jr., 52, was traveling westbound when he failed to yield his vehicle to a Burlington Northern train engine driven by William A. Turner, 45, of Jackson. Whittley was air evacuated to St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, where he was pronounced dead at 2:25 a.m. Monday.