- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bessie Gladys Nanney, 84, of Jackson died Saturday, Sept. 28, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 25, 1918, in Sedgewickville, Mo., daughter of the late Harvey and Sarah Hahs Masters. On Aug. 3, 1935, she married Lester Nanney. He preceded her in death June 12, 1995.
Survivors include two sons, Roy and Bob Nanney of Jackson; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two children; one brother; and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Chapel in Jackson. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. Jerry Sander officiating. Burial will be in Lessley Ridge Cemetery.