- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- P.L. Parr, 55, of Lick Creek, Ill., died Saturday, Sept. 28, 2002, at his home.
He was born Oct. 18, 1946, in Anna, Ill., son of Luther E. and Kedron K. Lingle Parr. On Sept. 3, 1966, he married Cheryl Jean Stokes in Union County, Ill.
He worked as a dairy farmer and a teacher and coach at the Dongola School. He was a veteran of the Vietnam War and a member of First Christian Church in Anna.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Chandler and Tim Parr of Lick Creek; his parents; three grandchildren; and two brothers, Morris Luther Parr of Charleston, Ill., and LaRue Parr of Dongola.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman & Parr Funeral Services chapel in Jonesboro, Ill. The funeral service will begin at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. LaRue Parr and the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in McGinnis Cemetery with military rites.