- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Barbara Jean Huffman, 70, of Jonesboro, Ill., died Saturday, Sept. 28, 2002, at her home.
She was born March 5, 1932, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of the late Burrette and Jessie Kemp Zimmerman. She married Charles H. Huffman Dec. 5, 1952.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Randy Lee Huffman of Bourbonnais, Ill., Richard Huffman of Bradley, Ill., and Roger Huffman of Murphysboro, Ill.; four daughters, Debra Leathers and Sondra Bradford, both of Bradley, Glenda Hill of Kankakee, Ill., and Beverly Allen of Anna; two sisters, Glenda Schaffner of Hawk Point, Mo., and Judith Hancock of Jonesboro; 15 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter; two brothers; and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna and from 4 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Schreffler Funeral Home in Kankakee. Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Schreffler Funeral Home with burial in Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Kankakee.