- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mary Helen Vetter, 59, of Commerce, Mo., died Saturday, Sept. 28, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Nov. 2, 1942, in Kaskaskia, Ill., daughter of the late Clarence and Llolav Summers Biri. On April 16, 1960, she married Lawrence "Buddy" Vetter Junior in Ancell, Mo.
She was a member of VFW Ladies Auxiliary Post 6407 and a member of Commerce Better Community Club. She attended Commerce Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Fred and Coy Dwayne Vetter, both of Commerce; and three grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City with a ladies auxiliary service at 6 p.m. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. Chad Bles officiating. Burial will follow at Oakdale Cemetery in Commerce.