- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ALTENBURG, Mo. -- Kellie Renae Lynn and Michael Norman Engert exchanged wedding vows June 15, 2002, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg. The Rev. Ronald Paseur performed the ceremony. Music was by Tyson Wunderlich and soloist was Sally Buerck, both of Altenburg.
The bride is the daughter of Forrest and Shirley Lynn of Chaffee, Mo. The groom is the son of Gladys Engert of Altenburg, and the late Norman Engert.
Matron of honor was Kristie Yarbro of Chaffee, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Lori Bronenkant of Altenburg, Brandi Gunkel of Ooltewah, Tenn., Elizabeth Koeberl of Altenburg, Emily Koenig of Perryville, Mo., Stephanie Steffens of Altenburg, and Kathy Ronek of St. Louis.
Jason Klaus of Frohna, Mo., served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were Trent Bronenkant of Altenburg, Brent Palisch of Brentwood, Mo., Dave Meyer and Gary Weber II of Frohna, Ryan Wichern of Perryville, nephew of the groom, and Jody Ponder of Frohna. Ushers were Jeremy Yarbro of Chaffee, brother-in-law of the bride; Chad Wichern of Perryville and Brent Kassel of Jackson, nephews of the groom.
Candlelighter was Kim Strattman of Perryville.
Flower girl was Elizabeth Mandernach, daughter of Frank and Amanda Mandernach of St. Ann, Mo., and cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Breven Yarbro, son of Jeremy and Kristie Yarbro and nephew of the bride.
Laurn and Katie Kassel, nieces of the groom, attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Amy Belongy and Gretchen Weber.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner June 14 at Tric's Family Restaurant.
Mrs. Engert is a 1992 graduate of Chaffee High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in education from Southeast Missouri State University in 1999, and is pursuing a master's degree from Webster University. She is a middle school teacher with Perry County District 32.
The groom is a 1992 graduate of Perryville High School. He received an associate degree in industrial electricity/electronics technology from Ranken Technical College in 1998. He is employed at Citizens Electric Corp.
After a wedding trip to the Smoky Mountains, the couple is residing in Altenburg.