- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Norma J. James, age 54, of Marble Hill, Mo., died Friday, Sept. 27, 2002, as the result of an auto accident near Marble Hill.
She was born Nov. 29, 1947, in the Trace Creek Community in Bollinger County, daughter of the late Harry and Mildred Opal Barrett Sitze.
Norma married Moddy Jaco Feb. 1, 1964. She married Everett M. James Sept. 6, 1998, and he survives of Marble Hill.
Norma was a member of the Old Trace Creek Baptist Church and a homemaker.
Other survivors include one son Tony Jaco, Jackson; one daughter Tonya Miller, Marble Hill; two stepdaughters, Nicole Henckell, Cape Girardeau, Misti Allen, Marble Hill; two sisters and brothers-in-law, Clara Sitze and Eugene Mouser, Marquand, Mo., Bonna and Harry Combs of St. Louis; three grandchildren; and six step-grandchildren.
Preceding her in death was her parents, twin infant sons, one infant brother, two sisters and one stepgrandchild.
Visitation will be Sunday, Sept. 29, 2002, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill. Funeral service will be Monday at 10 a.m. at the Liley Funeral Home Chapel, with the Rev. Charles Hawn officiating. Interment will follow at the Old Trace Creek Church Cemetery near Glenallen, Mo.