- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Valle pulls away to drop Rams
STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. -- Scott City was in control for a quarter Friday, but that's when its game against Valle went sour in a 50-13 loss.
The Rams (1-3) led 13-12 after the first quarter, but Valle (1-3) kept the Scott City offense in check and puts its passing game into high gear from there.
"They started attacking our weak spots, but what hurt us was that they mixed things up so well," Scott City coach Jason Burkman said. "They threw the ball, they ran it. We had a lot of mistakes and penalties that hurt us."
Scott City finished with 244 offensive yards, but about half of those came on three big plays in the first quarter. Matt Schaefer scored on Scott City's first play, a 60-yard run to the end zone. Luke McClellan followed with a touchdown pass to Chad Weatherspoon late in the first quarter.
Valle led 30-13 at halftime.
Schaefer finished with 85 yards on 11 carries. McClellan was 7-of-18 for 108 yards.