- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Glenn Edward Nicholson, 89, of Sikeston died Thursday, Sept. 26, 2002, at his home.
He was born June 1, 1913, at Sikeston. He and Mildred Chartrau were married April 19, 1987, in Sikeston.
Nicholson was a 1932 graduate of Sikeston High School. He owned and operated Nicholson Tire Service 51 years, retiring in 1985. He was a member of First Baptist Church and taught Sunday School, and was a member of Sikeston Masonic Lodge 310 AF&AM, and Order of Eastern Star 137.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Don Nicholson of Columbia, Md., Gary Nicholson of Orlando, Fla., Chesley Nicholson of Reno, Nev.; two stepsons, Doyne Chartrau of Williamsport, Pa., Philip Chartrau of Sikeston; nine grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Dr. Hyran Barefoot officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories.