- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Virgie Dale Bledsoe, 73, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 10, 1928, in Center Ridge, Ark., daughter of Ira and Ella Clowers Jordan. She and Leaston Bledsoe were married in 1942 at Matthews, Mo. He died Feb. 4, 2002.
Bledsoe was a member of Shady Acres Church of Christ.
Survivors include a son, Jerry Bledsoe of Kelso, Mo.; three daughters, Loretta Ray of Sikeston, Betty Long of Hermitage, Tenn., Shirley Phillips of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Vernie Russell of Clinton, Ark., Dorris Kirkland of Dexter, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with Pat Hogan officiating. Burial will be in Essex Cemetery at Essex, Mo.