- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
BREWER, Mo. -- Madeline Rose Thomure, 80, of Brewer died Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2002, at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville, Mo.
She was born June 27, 1922, at Kaskaskia Island, Ill., daughter of Roy and Millie Layton Pecaut. She and Paul J. "Tobe" Thomure were married Jan. 21, 1941, in St. Louis.
Thomure had worked in a factory. She was a member of Christ the Savior Catholic Church and its Ladies Sodality.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Mary Stewart of St. Charles, Mo.; a son, Robert Thomure of St. Louis; a sister, Lucille Ratcliff of Brewer; eight grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, six brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, and from 6:30 to 11 a.m. Saturday. The parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Christ the Savior Church. The Rev. Felipe Martinez will officiate. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery at St. Mary's Mo.