- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Lester B. Huber, 89, died Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2002, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 21, 1913, in Perryville, son of Frank and Mary Unverferth Huber. He and Lillian Frances Cissell were married Oct. 21, 1937, at Belgique, Mo. She died April 16, 1993.
Huber had been a farmer. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Holy Name Society, and was a 3rd Degree member of Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include four daughters, Paula Huber, Linda Boxdorfer and Mary Lohmann, all of Perryville, Gail Soderlund of Sparta, Ill.; two sons, Ronald Huber of Cape Girardeau, Gary Huber of Perryville; 18 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by an infant daughter, a sister, and three brothers.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Friday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish and Knights of Columbus wake will be at 7 tonight. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Friday.
The Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery.