- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Grace Mae Ourth, 80, of Chaffee died Monday, Sept. 23, 2002, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born March 31, 1922, at Parma, Mo., daughter of Robert William and Blanche Elizabeth Knupp Biby. She and Gregory M. Ourth were married Nov. 13, 1943. He died March 23, 1989.
Ourth retired as a machine operator at Florsheim Shoe Co. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include three sons, Raymond Ourth of Cape Girardeau, Gregg Ourth Jr. of Oran, Mo., Brian Ourth of Chaffee; two daughters, Bernice Atkins of Chaffee, Rebecca Seyer of New Hamburg, Mo.; two sisters, Maudie Schmitt and Myrtle Slack of Chaffee; 14 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 6:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in Friend Cemetery at Oran.