- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Graveside service for Helen V. Poe of San Antonio, Texas, will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Cape County Memorial Park. The Rev. Douglas C. Breite will officiate.
There is no visitation.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Poe, 82, died Friday, Sept. 20, 2002, at Air Force Village Health Care Center in San Antonio.
She was born Nov. 8, 1919, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Gustav and Anna Krieger Maurer. She and Eugene R. Poe were married Oct. 19, 1941, in Cape Girardeau. He died in 1991.
Poe was a graduate of Central High School. She was a member of Mount Olive Lutheran Church in San Antonio, and a former member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a son.