- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
TAMMS, Ill. -- Kathryn Opal Johnson, 83, of Tamms died Monday, Sept. 23, 2002, at her home.
She was born Feb. 19, 1919, in Chaffee, Mo., daughter of William Harrison and Martha Elizabeth Shaffer Connelly. She was married to Orville Johnson.
Johnson was retired from Florsheim Shoe Co. in Anna, Ill. She was a member of the Dongola Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband, a son, Richard Eugene Johnson of Tamms, Ill.; three brothers, Ernest Connelly of Chicago, Glen "Relis" Connelly of Elkhart, Ind., and Clemon Connelly of Monroe, Ga.; a sister, Margaret Funderburk of Elkhart, Ind.; two grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Tuesday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Archie W. Landis officiating. Burial will follow at American Legion Cemetery in Dongola, Ill.