- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JACKSON, Mo. -- Amanda Ann Eifert and Michael Dean Kiehne were united in marriage June 1, 2002, in an outdoor setting at Deerfield Lodge in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Grant Gillard performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Richard and Debbie Eifert of Flippin, Ark. The groom is the son of Larry and Lois Kiehne of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Michelle Leuckel of Jackson, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Amy Copen, Wanda Kelly, and Beverly Ruppel, cousin of the bride, all of Jackson. Junior bridesmaids were Samantha Eifert of Flippin, sister of the bride, and Elizabeth Leuckel of Jackson, niece of the bride.
Mark Kiehne of Jackson served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Kyle Thoma of Piedmont, Mo.; John Harpole of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom; and David Holliday of Troy, Mo. Ushers were Daniel Eifert of Flippin, brother of the bride, and Kerwin Urhahn of Portageville, Mo.
Flower girls were Abbi Leuckel, niece of the bride, and Megan McKee, niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Justin McKee, nephew of the groom. Abbi is the daughter of P.J. Leuckel and Michelle Leuckel. Megan and Justin are children of David and Brenda McKee of Cape Girardeau.
Guest book attendants were Becky Wissehr of Jackson and Laura Wissehr of Columbia, Mo.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Deerfield Lodge. Servers were Tammy Pinkerton of Jackson and Brenda McKee, sister-in-law of the groom.
The rehearsal dinner was held May 31 at the lodge.
Mrs. Kiehne is office manager at Senior Health Care Benefits.
The groom is a junior high history and business teacher and head boys basketball coach with Jackson R-2 School District.
After a wedding trip to Negril, Jamaica, the couple resides in Jackson.