- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Katrina Marie Georger and Ryan Andrew Shoemaker were married July 6, 2002, at the Assembly of God Church. The Rev. Kenneth Shoemaker, cousin of the groom, performed the ceremony. Organist was Diann Bradshaw, aunt of the bride.
Parents of the couple are Gary and Helen Georger of Advance, and Tommy and Shirley Shoemaker of Perkins, Mo.
Karen Georger of St. Louis was her sister's maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Sarah Georger, sister of the bride, Amy Georger, cousin of the bride, both of Advance, and Stacey McAtee of St. Louis.
Best man was Kurt Prindle of Oran, Mo. Groomsmen were Chad Jansen and Johnathan Archie of Oran, and Travis Brashear of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Michael Georger of Advance and Matthew Reed of Scott City, cousins of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Emily Johns of Brownwood, Mo., and Susannah Green of Crump, Mo., cousins of the bride.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and dance was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 5.
Mrs. Shoemaker is a 1997 graduate of Advance High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in agribusiness from Southeast Missouri State University in 2001. She is employed at Midwest Agri-Chemico in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 1995 graduate of Oran High School. He is a self-employed farmer.
The couple resides near Randles, Mo.