- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Frances Verline Besand, 82, of Perryville died Friday, Sept. 20, 2002, at the Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Dec. 11, 1919, in Perry County, Mo., daughter of John and Mary Basler Miederhoff. She and J. Leo Pecaut were married in 1939. He died in August 1947. She then married Elvis Besand on Oct. 31, 1955. He died April 10, 1983.
She worked at International Shoe Company. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Daughters of Isabella and Ladies of Charity.
Survivors include three sons, Darryl Pecaut, Thomas Pecaut and Roger Besand, all of Perryville; one daughter, Louise Wibbenmeyer of St. Louis; and two brothers, Leo Miederhoff of Perryville and Edgar Miederhoff of Springfield, Mo.
She was preceded in death by one sister.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Monday. A parish wake with the Daughters of Isabella will be at 7 p.m. today. The rosary will be at 9 a.m. Monday.
The funeral will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Kevin P. Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.