- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Stephen Skalsky, 46, of Columbia, Mo., died Friday, Sept. 20, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center, following an extended illness.
He was born Feb. 12, 1956, at Sikeston, son of Orville and Norma Jean Parker Skalsky.
Skalsky was a 1974 graduate of Sikeston High School, 1978 graduate of Drury College, and received a master's degree in social work from the University of Missouri in 1997.
He was employed by Missouri Division of Family Services, retiring because of ill health.
Survivors include his father and stepmother, Orville and Wanda Skalsky of Sikeston; and a sister, Gale Ancell of Sikeston.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Friends may call at First Church of the Nazarene after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The funeral will be at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the church, with the Rev. John Bouldrey officiating.
Ponder Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.