- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- The funeral for Connie Haws of Olive Branch will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill. The Revs. Tom Bridges and Scott Kelly will officiate. Burial will be in Olive Branch Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Saturday until time of service.
Haws, 53, died Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2002, at her home.
She was born March 15, 1949, daughter of William and Daisy Henderson Kelly. She and William "Bill" Haws were married Nov. 19, 1991. He died Oct. 13, 2001.
Haws was a private duty nurse.
Survivors include two daughters, Cindy Hirte of Prince George, Va., Paula Smith of Olive Branch; two sisters, Barbara Hallman of Chipley, Fla., Sharon Beegle of Pawnee, Ill.; a brother, William Kelly of Springfield, Ill.; two half brothers, Otis Kelly of Villa Ridge, Ill., Russell Kelly of Tamms; four grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, her parents, and two brothers.