- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Bill D. Looney, 65, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2002, at his home.
He was born Nov. 13, 1936, at Kennett, Mo., son of Howard and Bessie Gabriel Looney. He and Carolyn Barnes were married May 26, 1957, in Peoria, Ill.
Looney formerly owned and operated B&C Enterprises and had worked at Noranda Aluminum before retiring.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Richard Looney of Sikeston; five daughters, Rachel Ritter, Alberta Penrod and Christina Hawkins of Sikeston, Patricia Beeson of Cherokee Village, Ark., Elizabeth Fiehler of Lexington, Ky.; three brothers, Harold Looney of Delta, Mo., Jerry Looney of Sikeston, Terry Looney of Clarksville, Tenn.; two sisters, Mickey Myers and Donna Looney of Sikeston; and eight grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date.