- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Stevens claims Cape club championship
Brian Stevens won the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Men's Club Championship, played Saturday and Sunday, by three strokes over Brevin Geibler, who came on strong with a final-round 67.
Stevens, winning his first club title, shot rounds of 71 and 70 for a 1-over-par 141 total. Geibler rebounded from an opening-round 77 to post the low round of the tournament, finishing at 144. Dean Edwards (74-73) placed third while Donny Beasley (76-74) and Al Spradling (77-73) both shot 150.
Bard Womack (78-84) won "A" flight gross with a 162 total. Bill White Jr. won "A" flight net, winning a scorecard playoff with David Kaelin who also finished with a 143 total.
In senior play, Spradling's 150 total won the championship. Bill White (72-77) won the senior "A" flight with a 149. Ron Kirby won the senior "A" flight's net title with a 128. He was followed by Frank Bean (129) and Bob Talley (133).
Jerry VanOostrom (79-80) finished first in senior "B" flight gross with 159. Howard Dillard (131) won the net with Ron Herr (132) placing second.
Bob Phalen (91-88) won gross in the super senior division with 179. Bob Hemperley (143) was first in the net competition.
Hole in one for Hayden
JACKSON, Mo. -- Elaine Hayden of Cape Girardeau recently scored her second career ace at Kimbeland Country Club.
Hayden used a 5-wood to on No. 6, a par 3 playing 134 yards. Witnesses were Norm Hayden and Andy McIntosh.
Cape Girardeau C.C.
Judi Brey and Betty Price tied in the play of the day, "Odd Holes," at the Women's Golf Association's weekly event.
Brey and Price both finished at 34.
JACKSON, Mo. -- Stephanie Augspurger earned medalist at the Ladies Golf Association's competition this past week.
Play of the day was "Most Pars," with Augspurger also finishing first in championship flight. Other flight winners: Maggie Niswonger (A), Janis Gilbert (B) and Pat Irvin (C).
Janice Hoffman and Vickie Long tied for first place in championship flight with the team of Barb Johnson and Betty Belote at the Chip-A-Way Guest Day Tournament held at Cape Jaycee Municipal Golf Course.
Both teams shot 64, while the pair of Aleene Warden and Shirley Sorg was a stroke back at 65. Mari Davis and Caryn Michel placed fourth at 66.