- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Longtime appeals court judge plans to step down
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Judge James R. Dowd said Tuesday that he plans to resign from the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Eastern District of Missouri effective Oct. 10. Dowd said he will return to the St. Louis law firm of Dowd and Dowd after 23 years as a judge at various levels. He was elected an associate circuit judge in St. Louis city in 1978 and became a St. Louis city circuit judge 10 years later.
Dowd was appointed to the appeals court in 1997.