- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Citizens finance task force meeting postponed
The Cape Girardeau Citizens Finance Task Force meeting scheduled for Thursday has been postponed to allow the city more time to come up with more information, task force co-chairman Nancy Jernigan said Tuesday.
The date for the re-scheduled meeting has not yet been announced.
"We want to make sure we have all the information we need at our next, and hopefully, last meeting," Jernigan said. "We want to make sure the people on the task force have the information a day or two ahead of time to look over the information instead of a few hours."
The task force, appointed by the Cape Girardeau City Council, has been assigned to look at the city's financial problems and come up with possible tax solutions.
Among the information that the city is still collecting is a specific list and more figures dealing with the city's personnel needs and requests.