- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Shirley I. Wright, 65, of Jonesboro died Sunday, Sept. 15, 2002, at her home.
She was born Feb. 14, 1937, at Wolf Lake, Ill., daughter of Leo "Red" and Retha Farmer Walker. She married Wayne "Dutch" Wright.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Shavonna Davis of Jonesboro; a son, David "Catfish" Wright of Jonesboro; a brother, Roy Walker of Makanda, Ill.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister, and two brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 10 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Raymond Oxford officiating. Private burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery at a later date.