- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- William Dale "W.D." Moreland, 72, of Buncombe, Ill., died at 4:35 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, 2002, at Veteran Administration Hospital in Marion, Ill.
He was born Feb. 5, 1930, in Cobden, Ill., son of Tullie and Afton Stout Moreland. He and Bonnie Richardson were married Jan. 8, 1960, in Jonesboro, Ill. She died Oct. 5, 1987.
He was a veteran of the Korean War, serving in the U.S. Army from Aug. 17, 1951, to May 31, 1953. He was a member of the Cobden American Legion Post 259 and a life member of Anna VFW Post 3455. He was a farmer.
Survivors include four daughters, Pat Clutts of Cobden, Toni Sue Hines of Murphysboro, Ill., Ruth Karnes of West Frankfort, Ill., and Elizabeth Linton of Anna; two sons, Jim Moreland of Murphysboro, Joe Moreland of Mount Pleasant, Ill.
Also surviving are two brothers, Louis T. Moreland and Raymond Lee Moreland, both of Anna; 20 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Harvey Weaver and Glen Weaver officiating. Burial with full military honors will be Vienna Fraternal Cemetery.